THINGS I LEARNED THIS WEEK:
- I need my friends, and the laughter we share
- Wearing my beats on my way to work= a better day
- Keratase’s new oil for damaged hair is my new best friend
- Being booked with weddings through NYE makes me feel downright awesome
- My clients trust me with the private details of their lives, and this is an honor, a goosebump worthy honor
- When your building notifies you your water will be turned off on Thursday morning, they’re not bluffing
- Gilt bar has the best caesar salad in Chicago
- My boyfriend will always be a kid… he had a longboard and tambourine delivered to the apartment
- I feel better with extensions in!
- I deserve a monthly massage… and so do you
Have a perfect Friday!
P.S. Congrats to Rachel W. for winning the $50 gift card on the facebook page today :)
As much as I love talking about nail polish and cap sleeves, one of my favorite things to deliver is inspiration.
My love was posted in the Washington Post a few days ago, and I can’t help but share it!
[CLICK HERE FOR GOOSEBUMPS]
You don’t have to be a baseball fan to be a Sam Palace fan. When we met, baseball was the last thing on my mind—- I didn’t even know the difference between a ball and a strike. But Sammy was this dreamy guitar playin flirt, who at the time was the perfect candidate for my summer fling. We’ve been long distance for three years now, and he inspires me every single day.
Sammy’s story is a long one, it’s incredible, exhausting, RARE… and his own. It’s not one that he shares, or I share even. It’s too long… hard to understand it if you’re not in it. The minor leagues are so close yet so far from the glamorous televised big leagues.
No matter what kind of day I’ve had, it’s nothing compared to his- yet he NEVER complains! No matter how much work goes seemingly unnoticed, he doesn’t slow down. He’s beating the odds every game, every homestand, every season.
This article is just a TINY itty bitty glimpse at Sammy’s story. I hope it inspires you too! STAY TUNED.
Boyfriend MUST HAVES!
Gold rimmed Ray Bans are classic cool. He’ll love looking like a rad fighter pilot, and you’ll love being able to borrow them!
Fitted Chinos! Fit is serrrriously important. Your boi shouldn’t be mistaken for wearing your pants, but not his dad’s either. These Volcom pants are awesome, my man already has the red, and I just ordered him black ones. When it comes to a perfectly fitted pant, he’ll love how his booty looks in them, and you’ll love how his booty looks in them!
Summer shoes. One thing that gives me absolute heebie jeebies, is jeans and gym shoes, so help your stud out, and point him in the summer shoe direction. He’ll love the slip on easy access. You’ll love retiring his Nike’s!
(We all know how I feel about tailored suites, so I’ll refrain from going on and on about them this post.)
When it comes to style, remember that it’s individuality at it’s finest. If your guy doesn’t love that your super opinionated, read him and back off. MOST of the time, they love that you care. When in doubt, gift the things you’d like him to wear! Everyone loves a “just because” something new. (As always, click the images for product details.)