Hola senoritas! I’m BACK from Mexico, BEYOND motivated with a zillion ideas and MAJOR smiles!
I really wanted to post my resolutions on Friday, but the swim up bar had some kind of magnetic pull. Oops.
My beauty resolutions from last year made for a better 2012, and scored me a gig with Allure magazine earning me $1000 of free Revlon products! THIS year is less about the beauty routine, and more about my goals as a city girl trying to make a better way.
1. OPERATION HOT BODY Stop talking about my dream body, and create it already! I MEAN it this time. I am going to truly treat my body like the temple that it is. Enough is enough.
2. GROW YOUR STYLIST AJ I’d like to triple my monthly hits on the site this year. My new site will debut in the next couple months, and I feel like it’s my due date with triplets! I’m SO excited to rebrand to better reflect ME. On the bridal side of Your Stylist AJ, I have a goal of 25 weddings this year. That’s HIGH, but I believe it’s totally achievable for me.
3. MOVE INTO A BIG GIRL APARTMENT I have moved more than anyone I’ve ever met, from city to city, and neighborhood to neighborhood. This year, I WILL find my new home. To plant my roots, to decorate for REAL, and to create an environment that only makes me better!
4. MINIMIZE CABS Who do I think I am? I’m about to make public transportation sexy, because spending what I do on cabs everyday is far from cute.
5. INSPIRE THE HECK OUT OF PEOPLE I love my jobs. All four of them. Everything I do shares the common denomenator of making people happy. It’s a beautiful responsibility. In the past year of blogging I’ve learned that the forced and planned posts get far less attention than the raw real passionate posts. The passion is inspiring. I vow to only post about subjects that I’m currently obsessing over, because posting about nail polish just because it’s been a while since discussing nails, doesn’t do anyone any good. Get excited!
6. TRAVEL WEST One of my best friends in the whole wide world opened a salon in Boulder that I still haven’t visited. It’s time. A fellow power couple we love and miss lives in LA. We gotta get out there. I left a life in Denver, that I miss, and another fellow power couple lives there. I’ve never been to Coachella, I am dying to go. I would love to see Seattle, but that will probably only happen if a bride books me there! Calling all Seattle brides!
7. EXECUTE IDEAS This one is gonna suck, that’s all there is to it. I am too creative for my own good. I think every idea is the best idea in the whole entire world, until the next one comes along. I reallllllly wanted to launch tutorial videos last year, but didn’t. I failed my mission: Operation Hot Body. I didn’t take the road trip to Nashville and New Orleans with my best friend. THIS year, I’m going to execute my ideas. They’re worthy of it.
8. ONLY SPEAK HIGHLY OF OTHERS I can feel good about saying I am not a gossip queen. I genuinely don’t enjoy any negative conversations let alone ones about others in a negative way. That being said, I still think this is an important resolution on my list. It’s a good reminder that if you don’t have anything nice to say you shouldn’t be saying anything at all. It’s just ugly. Don’t do it.
9. READ ENOUGH I’ve already read a whole book this year so far! I’m going to
spend my free time …create time to read more. It makes me a better writer, and opens my mind to more opportunity.
Happy New Year! Lets all hit the ground running and keep the momentum from there!